Wednesday 4 January 2012

Jacques' Archangel Michael Themed 30th Birthday Party (12/11/2011)


My husband was turning 30 and had one request 'no party... Can we just go away for the weekend, you me and Angel-Rose' our three year old daughter. I agreed as I need any excuse for a holiday. But what he didn't know was that I'd organized for twenty of our family and friends to come away with us also. And to top it off I organized for a surprise birthday party while we were away.
What a shame he did end up finding out about his surprise birthday party however, he loved every little detail that went into it.
The birthday party was held at The Wharf Seafood Restaurant Nelson Bays function room. My inspiration for the theme was my husbands true belief in Archangel Michael his protector. Archangel Michael is considered to be the protector of love. My husband keeps his statue on his bedside.
And what a theme to work with. Blissfully Sweet created most of the desserts for my dessert table. And as usual she did an amazing job.
The color choice for the dessert table was purple (Archangel Michael's color), white and black.
The cake was a 2D replica of my husbands Archangel Michael statue which he keeps on his bedside and which I ended up featuring on the table as it means the world to him. The cake was white chocolate and raspberry mud with white chocolate ganach.
The pannacottas were placed inside pillar candle holders. A small candle was placed inside each pannacotta to make them resemble real candles.
The cookies were white heart angel wings as Archangel Michael is the protector of love.
Cake pops were featured along with the Archangel Michael statue and had silver dusting on top.
Chocolates had Archangel Michael wrapping with diamonds along his chest to symbolize his love radiating towards us.
I also included Rock Candy as they looked like crystal rocks with protection power which were obtained from Sweet Style. They were displayed alongside his star sign (Scorpio) statue.
The bomboniere was designed and made by myself. The Archangel Michael mini statues were obtained from the Benedict shop. I made the thankyou tags and attached a purple flower to each box and two chocolate truffles.
All labels were created by myself.
What a beautiful event to celebrate my husbands 30th birthday. He loved everything about it.
Thank you archangel Michael for your continued protection and love.
This event was actually the hardest event for me to style as I had no idea what the restaurant looked like besides what I saw on the internet. Nor did I know that the amount of glare coming through the windows was going to be so stong.
Oh well, I did the best I could given the circumstances. I guess each event has its learning points. This event proved this.
I also really should have invested in a SLR camera at this point in time.












No comments:

Post a Comment